Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brave New World

You probably thought I forgot about blogging, but I DIDN'T! So there!

I just haven't had much to say, but I figure that I need to let everyone know how school has been going for the last month. I would probably sum it up in these two words: surprisingly well! I have fabulous teachers. They are all funny and talented, and I like them all as people. I am making friends in all of my classes and never feel lonely. And even though my workload is heavy, it really isn't too difficult. But that has a lot to do with the fact that I did not audition for Starmites. I'm doing publicity, and I am quite content. It's so incredibly wonderful to be able to do a few after school activities, work out, do homework, and still have a few hours of free time! I'm also getting the oppurtunity to try out a lot of new clubs, including Key Club, Interact (of which I am an officer), and possibly Global Ambassadors, which are all service oriented clubs; Spanish Club, which I did last year but didn't have any time for once Peter Pan came along second semester; and Project: Fashion, my best friend Paige's new fashion club that is starting tomorrow!

The hardest part about the last month has been my research paper. In Honors English Lit, we do it at the very beginning of the year because the class is mostly seniors, and my teacher knows they will only become less motivated as the year progresses. But I turned in my rough draft last Friday, which essentially means the work is over. Apparently, my teacher tears apart rough drafts; but this is good, because when I get it back, all I'll really have to do is make the corrections. My research paper is a literary analysis of the book Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. The research wasn't that bad, because I found Huxley's life and his novel very
fascinating.

So, my loving family, thank you for your prayers. I was beyond worried about this year, but it has truly been going amazingly well. I am much happier right now than I ever was last year. So, I probably won't post for a while (this blog is focused on my future, afterall) but I'm always happy to email, Facebook, or write letters!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great year. I am proud of all the mature decisions you are making!!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Holly! This post is very funny (not in a ha ha sort of way, but in an ironic way) because, first of all, I'm surprisingly enjoying 8th grade and also because one of BEST friend's name is Paige, and she is a total fashionista!! She would totally form a club for it. I'm super glad you're loving junior year, and I can't wait to hear more stories when you visit!!
    Love,
    Marianne
    (AlWaYs FoReVeR)

    ReplyDelete